NAACAP is committed to the four key components to watershed stewardship:
1. Reduction of spillage and dumping
2. Maintaining watersheds as viable habitats
3. Monitoring all aspects of the watershed
4. Preserving wetlands
To help achieve those four components NAACAP:
- investigates the environmental health of St. John’s Harbour and our coastal areas
- investigates Watershed Issues
- develops projects that promote the adoption of water saving devices and lifestyle changes to reduce water use by area residents and operational practices by businesses and institutions
- develops partnerships with the public, governments, agencies and private enterprise that will benefit the areas watersheds
- responds to emerging environmental issues effectively.
- promotes environmental awareness, protection and rehabilitation within the ACAP project area
NAACAP, with its partners, undertakes scientific studies and publishes its findings online.
To read about NAACAP’s current projects, visit here